Thursday, February 11, 2010

Missing Conan O'Brien

In my college years, I enjoyed watching Letterman. I'm not a big fan of the interviews, but I love the monologues and the special segments. For a long time, I was unable to find any of these late night shows after Channel 5 stopped showing them. About 1 and a half years ago, I discovered that Jon Stewart was available in the News Basic Group on Starhub. So I switched from Discovery to this group. Unfortunately, it turned out that it was only a weekend summary. So in the meantime, I watched Jimmy Kimmel on Starworld and Jon Stewart and Colbert on the web.

It was a happy surprise to find out that Conan O'Brien was available on CNBC during the weekends. And that became my weekend nights routine: watching a 3 hour marathon of Conan. I find him getting better all the time, and I like his comedy. I was sad that he chose to leave the show but I can understand why. Now it is just reruns on the weekend nights, and I'm feeling a little disappointed with the whole NBC debacle. Thankfully, Starworld now runs Letterman on the weekday nights, which I try to watch, but I definitely prefer Conan. I don't mind Jimmy Kimmel or Jimmy Fallon, but I don't know how Starhub chooses its programming. Why wouldn't they get Comedy Central?

I wonder how much Singaporean Conan fans are there. Feels kind of sad to be alone with this loss.

No comments: