Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Best Things in Life are Free II

For the last couple of years, I have been using Introduction to the Old Testament by Prof Christine Hayes from the Open Yale Courses online as my basic guide for OT teachings. If you are looking for something that is scholarly astute, well presented and well balanced, there is nothing better I've come across. I consider it an absolute must-try if you want to gain a better understanding of OT.

It is with great excitement that I come to know that there are new free online courses given by Yale:
1. Introduction to New Testament History and Literature by Prof Dale Martin
2. Introduction to Ancient Greek History by Prof Donald Kagan
3. Death by Prof Shelly Kagan

If they are only half as good as the course by Prof Hayes, I would be immeasurably grateful. Good times ahead.

No comments: