Thurs: I went breakfast hunting so that wife and kids can sleep longer. I bought 2 breakfast sets from Dai Kah Lok which is basically the Chinese fast food of HK. My verdict is that the porridge is ok, the Cheong Fun horrible and the Carrot Cake very good. I later learn that you can choose to add on stuff to the set by paying only a little more.
We took the MTR to Disneyland so that we can try the Disney themed train. When we reached, the weather was HOT!!! The good thing about the heat is that the park was a lot emptier than all the scary stories I heard about overcrowding. On the other hand, the heat was truly unbearable.
1. Buzz lightyear ride - very fun
2. Car ride (Autopia) - boring
3. Raft to Tarzan place - boring
4. Winnie the Pooh - very fun and unusual
5. Small world - ok
6. Pictures with Princesses - fun for little kids
7. River boat ride - quite fun, fire was a little scary for kids
8. Lion King show - a MUST watch
9. Golden Mickey - well done mini musical
10. 4D animation - very entertaining
11. Teacups, Carousels, UFO zone and Dumbo - Quick and fun
12. Fireworks - a MUST watch, very professional
13. Giftshop - cheap and good stuff
14. Parade - entertaining
15. Lunch at Plaza Inn - Food (Dim Sum and typical Cantonese crusine) is above average. I enjoyed it. Pricing is ok imo for the place.
After Disneyland, we went to the buffet at Enchanted Garden at the Disneyland hotel for dinner and to celebrate birthday for one of the girls. The food is very good (a HUGE variety) though expected to be expensive. The main advantage of this dinner is that the Disney characters will come to each table for photograph sessions so we could skip them (and save time) when we were at Disneyland.
A VERY eventful day. Totally exhausted.