Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More on Movies

This is what I did. I went to Rottentomatoes and searched the database by "best of" year. I looked at the titles that is above 85%. Any popular movies, I have not seen, I note them down and try to watch it.

It has been hugely rewarding so far for me. I skip the badly-reviewed ones, and only save time for the good ones. Of course, I mainly go for animation, drama and comedy.

One good one is The Iron Giant. It is an old animation but an interesting tale about the friendship between a robot and a boy. The robot is actually a fighting machine but lost its memory, and became a playmate for the boy. During the process, the boy taught the robot about the ability to be who it wants to be, not what IT is designed to be.

Hogarth Hughes: [to the Giant, in battle mode] It's bad to kill. Guns kill. And you don't have to be a gun. You are what you choose to be. You choose. Choose.

No comments: